Simple steps Re: [ale] Another SSH Release?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 14:42:46 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 14:14, synco gibraldter wrote:

> as long as we're being technical here, how is your way any better than
> christopher's way?

It's not.  There is no good well-defined ways of doing these sorts of
things... so therefore developers roll their own as they go .. from
release to release ... distro to distro.  Even among rpm based distros
there is little consistency.

For this issue so far people have prescribed out-of-band access,
alternate sshd process, and telnet; all as solutions to achieve
success.  I just think it should be easier than this.

Installing/upgrading/removing ssh (or telnet, ftp, etc) should NOT
shutdown existing connections.

-Jim P.