[ale] Recursive FTP get from the command line..

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Tue Sep 16 23:25:12 EDT 2003

I'm trying to move some sites from one host to another machine..  Each has
quite a few files, and I'd rather not kick off each one manually and wait
for the next..

I've got 4 seperate FTP logins and I need to get all files from each
account, into seperate directories and excluding some of the folders that
are there (the host uses some stats package I need to discard.. )

I thought I could do this with wget, but reading over 'wget --help' output,
I can't figure it out, and it doesn't look like it will do what I need..

Can anyone point me to a simple tool for this? Or, if I can do it with wget,
can you give me some hints?

Thanks!
-Grant