[ale] simplest way to avoid a spammer ?

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche dittmeb at mail.rockefeller.edu
Tue Sep 16 13:56:12 EDT 2003

If your spam is delivered to a machine you have an account on, you could
use something like procmail. If your spam comes to an IMAP inbox on a
remote machine, your options are more limited. I researched the options
recently and, finding none, I wrote my own by modifying a python script
called isbg (Imap Spam Be Gone). I can now use perl to do custom filtering
and it's super easy. Let me know if that is your situation and I'll send
you the code. You could then write a few lines of perl to scan the body of
the email for the name of this product (I can only image what it might
be!) and that's all there is to it.

	bjorn