[ale] results of M$ patches and security

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 15 13:40:37 EDT 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 02:04, J.M. Taylor wrote:
> It is...a novella. The computer-security-for-beginners is at
>
> http://galinux.com/gsp/isintro.pdf
>
> It's the companion paper to the website that I will throw together
> tomorrow, and improve upon during the week (gak, ran out of time).  The
> idea here is that the people to whom I am presenting this will be able to
> take it home and read the longer bits if they're interested.  Or use it to
> line the birdcage if they're not.
>
> The web site will be a slideshow type thing that hits the highlights, with
> links to blurbs from the paper for detailed information.  The paper just
> gathers it all up into one large tome.
>
> Feedback appreciated.  Blatant errors can be corrected till about 2.00pm
> Monday. ;)
>
> Cheers and many thanks to all who contributed!
>
> jenn

Jenn,

	That's a great novella. I was impressed. Will spend a little more time going
through it, but do think that it covers the points in a way that is simple to
understand. Hmmmm - wanta GPL it so I can give a copy to the church I
volunteer for? No? That's okay.

	Anyway - you may want to repost your message up top under a different subject
heading. I have been simply bypassing/deleting all M$ patches and security
messages as a matter of course when the subject kind of trailed off topic.
Read your message after seeing a little bit (after hitting the delete key too
quickly) - and had to grab the message back again.

	Perhaps most other list readers also missed your post as well. So - I suggest
a new Subject line: Network Security for Newbies (well - you'll come up with
a better subject line).

Bruce