[ale] public libraries

kkonaka at mac.com kkonaka at mac.com
Mon Sep 15 13:16:18 EDT 2003

dear All -- thanks much for the replies,

At Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:25:54 -0400,
brad at magusaptus.com wrote:

> You're lucky-- your local public library is a member of the Georgia library
> PINES consortium.

actually I already had my PINES card from peachtree city public
library, but never expected the library to have that(?) sort of book -- silly me.

> It doesn't appear that they have the specific book you are looking for, BUT
> another member of the PINES consortium does. You can go to your local

YUP, I could verify this through http://pines.lib.ga.us . Only that I
somehow still don't seem to have my own PIN number for this -- maybe I'll
drop by the library later for this.

> Many people don't know this-- Georgia has the largest public library
> consortium in the U.S. We have almost 8 million books, CD's, DVD's,
> audiobooks, etc. that are free to loan to any citizen of Georgia. Many of
> the metro-area libraries do not participate in PINES, but you can get a card
> for free out of virtue of being a Georgia citizen.

I consider myself to be lucky - now that we know we even have an ale
member in the system :)

> (I'm the sys-admin for PINES; sorry about the shameless plug.. but the
> resources are there.)

cheers!
kenji