[ale] Sound problems solved...

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 00:27:09 EDT 2003

Remember when I was complaining about problems with ESD?  That was right after I got my current mobo and installed RH9 for the first time.  I always used ESD in RH8 and it gave me no problems.  In RH9 it wouldn't mix sounds, and once an app got hold of the sound card it would never let go.  Other apps would hang trying to play sounds.

Well, I got a new Soundblaster PCI 128 because my onboard AC97 didn't have a game port.  Not only is the sound better, but ESD magically works again.  Maybe the AC97 drivers just suck or something.

Krum