[ale] ext3 v reiserfs

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 12:44:48 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 12:29, Greg wrote:

> Perhaps if you told the list what the problem/task is that you are trying to
> solve/accomplish better answers might come up, as well as other pertinient
> issues ?

Thanks Greg.  There are no problems.  I've just been noticing that ext3
must do less caching than reiser as i see/hear my harddrive churn more
with ext3 partitions.  While not scientific, kernel compiles on a reiser
partition seem to be improved.  I am using 2.4.22 with ext3 and reiser
both compiled into the kernel.

-Jim P.