[ale] Linux replacements for some M$-based junk

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Sat Sep 13 11:09:19 EDT 2003

I'll second the Win4Lin for the windows apps.

If they want to replace the Access thing, it's been my experience that
anything in Access can be recreated by a competent programmer with
mysql/php or perl or java or other language in a short period of time, and
it'll be aeons more reliable.

I would not replace their accounting program...a) you don't want to be
respsonible if something gets lost/screwed up  and b) people who do
accouting tend to get irritated when their accouting program features
change.  For this, Win4Lin would be a great choice.
http://www.netraverse.com/ is their main site, I've been using them for
about 3 years and have always been pleased with them.

Good luck!

Jenn