[ale] [OT and sorry] - M$ patches and security advice?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Sep 11 10:11:19 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 10:18:58AM -0400, J.M. Taylor wrote:

> But I've been asked to give a security talk to our 62+ computer class
> (basically, how to use a computer for anyone over 62 years old) and of
> course they learn Windows.  So since there's lots of multi platform people
> on ALE -- where do you go to get Windows patches?  Is there anyplace
> *other* than the apparently overloaded microsoft site to obtain them?  Is
> it an automagic patchy thing where they <shudder> scan your machine over
> the web to determine what you need and then deliver it?

Damn!  I started thinking about old people on computers.  Then I thought
about old people on computers and AOL.  Then old people on computers, AOL
and then on alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.seniors.  Then I thought about
old people on computers,AOL, alt.b.p.e.seniors, And viewing senior porn
in Outlook's newsreader.  Thne my imagination filled in the blanks.  Now
I'm disgusted :)