[ale] Samba 3.0rc3 or Samba-tng for NT PDC?

Raju mr at 4securenet.com
Thu Sep 11 09:57:09 EDT 2003

Thanks, appreciate the insight. I have a test environment setup for
muti-domain envs and yup, Samba3rc3 has no improvements as far as trust
goes (maybe the final release will address this). I don't need any AD
stuff at this point so basic NT 4.0 style functionality will take care of
a lot of my headaches.

I already started to build an LDAP service to migrate NIS from *NIX box
and then plan to combine it with Samba for M$ account management. Plan B
was to add accounts manuall, but I guess it has been a given a shove to be
Plan A now;-) The initial goal was to be as transparent as much as I can
to the users, but hey there is only so much you can do :-)

--Raju