[ale] Samba 3.0rc3 or Samba-tng for NT PDC?

Raju mr at 4securenet.com
Thu Sep 11 08:14:12 EDT 2003

I have completed 85% of my goal to migrate every service to *NIX
(OpenBSD/Redhat Linux) from Windows for my current Client. The only major
issues that are pending are the PDC, BDC and WINS boxes. I have poured
through several documents from sources (google specifically) on
information regarding the migration process / success. None of them
actually provide a sucess story :(  I was wondering if anyone has done
this before and willing to share some pointers :-) I would like to see a
full Open Source shop and not management asking me to revert back to M$ :(

1. Multi-Domain environment therefore inter-domain trusts are needed
(Samba 3.0 is supposed to support it)
2. Would like to have Samba with LDAP than smbpasswd for the backend.
3. Migrating NT 4.0 accounts as stated by Samba 3.0 docs does not work.
Even after creating the groups and then doing groupmaps. Anyone had any
success?
4. Have not messed with Samba-tng, since the project seems to not moved
any further :-)

Thanks in advance...

--Raju