[ale] Bellsouth DSL "maintenence"

Nathan J. Underwood lists at cybertechcafe.net
Wed Sep 3 09:48:29 EDT 2003

Just out of curiosity, are you posting this because your BellSouth DSL went down
last night?  If so, yeah, I'm seein' the same thing.  I've called their tech
support WAY too many times in the last month.  At first, I was having trouble
downloading ISO's.  It would just stop downloading at 25MB, sharp.  After going
through the troubleshooting tips (tried it from 6 machines, and 3 operating
systems, HTTP, FTP [gftp, wsftp, cuteftp, pretty much anything I could find]),
verifying the cable, etc., they assured me that it must be a problem on my end.
 The next day, it seemed to just start working (guess I was doing some
sleepwalking and fixed my equip that night ;).  Next, an electrical storm took
out my surge protector(s), xDSL modem, switch, etc., so I was on the phone with
tech support getting a replacement modem.  It's been working since Monday, and
then last night, no dice, "Could not connect to PPPoE Server".  I didn't even
bother calling.</rant>

--
Nathan J. Underwood
nathan at cybertechcafe.net