[ale] web server

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 2 20:27:48 EDT 2003

Actually more info would greatly help. You say that you can reach your website on your
LAN.

1. Are you using the LAN IP address or a WAN IP address?
2. Do you have more than one Ethernet interface?

Resolution: Apache could be mapped to only the LAN IP address. it is not listening on the
WAN IP.

3. Is the Apache server also the router?
4. If not is there a router with the correct ports forwarded to the Apache server?

Resolution: Check Iptables. Make sure that the correct ports are being let through. Nmap
is good for testing from a remote location. That is if your ISP doesn't watch you.  Part
2.  If you are using a router/firewall to connect to your ISP make sure the correct port
( Most of the time 80 or 8080) is forwarded to the LAN IP address of the apache server.

Something tells me that your problem is more to do with the setup of Apache.

Good Luck.
Adrin