[ale] Opinions on registrars...

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 09:04:54 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 22:25, Fletch wrote:

> [...]
>
>     Jonathan> ...or worse, someone less cooperative than NSI holding
>     Jonathan> it.

I didn't think that was possible?!

> Considering some of the stories I've heard that would be truly
> horrible. :)
>

> And to answer the original query I'm currently registered with NSI for
> domain and joker.com for a couple for my wife's scrapbooking bidness
> (11 EUR / year, which worked out to about 13 USD when I just renewed
> them).  Been pretty happy with joker and more than likely I'll move
> from NSI to joker when it's time for renewal on my domain.

I have some with NSI through Earthlink, and others with GoDaddy. If
someone wants to truly control all aspects of their domain, GoDaddy is a
low cost way to do it. It will cost more than the basic $8/yr domain fee
to have access to zone records and MX records ($20/yr), but it is much
less expensive than the monthly fees with Earthlink ($60/yr for control
plus $34/yr domain fees).

It does take 24-48 hours for changes to how up on their servers once the
record has been changed. Unlike Earthlink which updates several times
each day.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part