[ale] X headaches (literally)

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Tue Sep 2 01:12:37 EDT 2003

Since you have the Geforce 4 Go chip, you can use the Nvidia driver to
have different vertical refresh rates for each screen.  Both screens can
be used at the same time so you can have a very large useful desktop.
Your 19"CRT ought to have a vertical refresh between 72Hz and 90Hz to
stop the flicker.  60Hz just kills me.  Drives me bonkers.  The displays
will sometime seem dimmer at the lower refresh rate too.  I like 75 or
76 Hz.  I posted an X config example for the Nvidia card I have just
last week.  Just make sure your LCD and CRT are defined correctly in the
XF86Config file.  Hope this helps too,
Dow