[ale] PPP Perfromance

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Fri Oct 31 10:31:22 EST 2003

Some network traffic can't be fragmented but I am drawing
a blank right now as to what besides ICMP that traffic is.
Packets get fragmented if they enter a network segment
that has an MTU smaller than the packet size. There is a
DO_NOT_FRAGMENT flag which if set causes the packet to be
dropped and and ICMP UNREACHABLE error to be sent back if
fragmentation is required somewhere along the line.

Doug McNash <dmcnash at yahoo.com>