[ale] VNC type tool?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Oct 28 12:31:40 EST 2003

I am unfortunately getting a windows box to manage.  It'll be in a
remote site running 2k.

What's a good way to get to the console of this puppy?  I've used VNC
and it works well at home on my Son's machine but I'd rather not have that
out on an open network as the last I saw it was rather insecure.  Any
other preferences, preferably (not required though) free?  I'll be
connecting from X systems, some over DSL in the event of a midnight
crash.

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.