[ale] Sendmail config

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 28 10:12:37 EST 2003

I have sendmail and ipopd running on a Debian Woody server. Not much disk space, but possibly enough to send and receive mail for one or two users.

Anyway - when logged into the server itself, I can send and receive mail wih no problms at all. I tested from the server out to my Bellsouth and Yahoo accounts. I configured an e-mail client on another PC, and tested again. I can receive e-mail using the client, but can not send. The message gets rejected with a "Relaying Denied" error message.

How can I set up specific users that can relay through the e-mail server? I wouldn't think I should enable relaying for everyone (hi spamfest!). Any Debian users know what toolset (non-gui) I can use to reconfigure Sendmail?