[ale] Blocking Internet access for certain users

nick travis linuxnews at wormfishin.com
Tue Oct 28 10:04:27 EST 2003

I need to block all Internet access for a few users.  What would be the
simplest way to implement this, I have an IPtables firewall and the
machines are currently on dhcp, but I could define static addresses if I
need to, although I would prefer to do it based on MAC address.

Not sure if this matters or not but here's the layout.  I have 2
buildings, I want everyone in building 1(offices) to have full access,
but I want the people in building 2(production) to only have access to
local systems, including the firewall which doubles as a mail server,
there's a fiber link between the buildings(or there will be next week).
I thought about connecting this to the firewall but I would rather run
it to the backbone switch for building 1.  Hope that makes sense. I'm
sure I could make it work, but I wanted some input as to the best way to
do it. Thanks!

Nick

believed to be clean.
If you have any questions please contact nick at precisionmillworks.com