[ale] OT Question for COmcast users

Token token at fluidgravity.com
Tue Oct 21 23:06:50 EDT 2003

Just to throw another name in the mix.  You might want to check out
Snappydsl.net.  Bellsouth is one of their DSL providers but it's then
backhauled to Snappy.  You get a static IP and the choice of a USB or
Ethernet connection.  I think it's about $54/month.  They are very
cluefull and their support is top notch.  Snappy is based out of Tampa,
FL or mebbe it's Orlando...either way, central Florida.  I decided to go
with them after finding out Speakeasy could not service my location, I'm
18k ft from the CO.  But bellsouth has remote DSLAM's and I ended up
only being about 500 ft from that.  I'm still stuck with 1.5 down / 256k
up.  But I don't have to worry about dynamic IP's or dealing with PPPoE
and I get great support when (rarely) needed.  And when I mentioned I
was going to be connecting up linux boxes, they said "cool".

I'll put it this way.  With speakeasy I could only synch at 128k down,
so needless to say that wouldn't work.  I signed an LOA with snappy and
was only down about 4 hours with the switch from speakeasy to snappy.

Thanks,
Chip Gwyn
Chip at fluidgravity.com

---
As always, these are my opinions alone and your mileage may vary...
---