[ale] Interesting SuSE problem

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon Oct 20 15:09:08 EDT 2003

I tested a system with a tv capture card using the SuSE Live Eval 8.2 cdrom.
The card is a Kworld something (cheap card) with a Conexant 878A chipset.
It worked (to my amazement) right out of the box (didn't try the FM tuner).

I then installed SuSE 8.2 on the same computer and now I can't get the card
to work.  It finds a tv/capture card with correct chipset, but even as root
it will not play.  Also, changing to different types of cards (4 different
worked with the eval) gives the same result.

Any ideas?

Preston

--
"Aim towards the Enemy"
(Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher)