[ale] [OT] monitor repair?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Oct 20 11:45:29 EDT 2003

Ok, so my faithful 21" CRT monitor bit the dust a couple of weeks ago.
It was during a "brownout" and now when I turn it on I can hear the
relays inside click like 2 times and I don't get a display.  Soooo...

After drooling over the new 21" Apple LCD up at CompUSA, I'm forced to
decide if I should have my 21" repaired or if I should just cut my
losses and get the Apple LCD.

Does anyone know of any places that repair monitors?  If so, does anyone
know what kind of price I'll be looking at?  The monitor was about $900
new.  It's a ViewSonic G-810 21" CRT.  If its prohibitively expensive to
have repaired, I'll be forced to pick up that sweeeet apple 21" LCD.

Thanks in advance for any tips / leads / pointers ...
-CB