[ale] playing dvds?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 20 07:49:03 EDT 2003

Jeff Rose wrote:
> mplayer plays dvd's very well.  It doesn't seem to do the menus though.
> But I haven't played with it much.  The latest version of mplayer seems
> to be able to play just about anything.

This is getting too wierd.  I did found a posting to another list that
indicated that SuSE 8.2 xine was built incorrectly, and did not support
sound.  I then tried mplayer, and I get the same bloody thing, video, no
sound.  I'm thinking that maybe it was configured incorrectly because
I've added a new sound card, so I'm thinking I'll unistall/reinstall
mplayer and see what happens.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net