[ale] OT Question for COmcast users

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sun Oct 19 17:38:32 EDT 2003

I was using a store-bought cable modem with AT&T Broadband with joy when
I lived in Sandy Springs, but when I moved to Lilburn in Fall 2002, the
old cable modem wouldn't work anymore, so I had to buy a replacement,
even though (IMHO) the old one didn't have anything wrong with it.  When
Comcast took over, I had no difficulties and I still don't.

Having said that, though, I am very close to wanting to switch to a
different ISP in order to get static IP, server-running capability, and
tech support that doesn't treat me like a leper when I use the L-word.

- Jeff

Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net>