[ale] freeswan with win2k client help

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Oct 16 21:02:13 EDT 2003

Hi David.

Here is a great list of resources for getting freeswan working right.
The one to copy _VERBATIM_ is from Nate Carleson. I have had excellent
success with his directions. I have used a WinXP Pro client to  Linux
FreesWAN head end to access an internal Samba network. It works great.

  * FreeS/WAN VPN: www.freeswan.org
  * IPSec white papers: www.vpnc.org/white-papers.html
  * Patches for X.509 certificate support: www.strongsec.com/freeswan/
  * Patch for IPv6 support: www.ipv6.iabg.de/downloadframe/index.html
  * Hardware acceleration for FreeS/WAN:
    http://sources.colubris.com/en/projects/FreeSWAN/
  * All standards and official documents regarding IPSec collected by
    IPSec Working Group: www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipsec-charter.html
  * Configuring FreeS/WAN with X.509 certificates:
    www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsecx509.php
  * Using Windows 2000/XP as VPN client for FreeS/WAN:
    http://vpn.ebootis.de
  * Setting IPSec on Mac OS X for connecting FreeS/WAN:
    www.slackwerks.com/thecrew/arete/soekris/macosx-ipsec.html