[ale] Open Office

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 16 13:17:42 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 12:03, Bjorn Dittmer-Roche wrote:

> Open Office is based on Star Office from Sum Microsystems so I think it is
> English centric. Knoppix, otoh, is german, so that may have something to
> do with it. But I've gone through all the gui configs and even
> dpkg-reconfigure locales.

Actually, I think Sun bought the Star Office line from a German company
a few years back.  But I still don't understand why it would be
installing the German language stuff on a system which has English as
it's default- and from what I understand you're saying, this is the
case, correct?

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

                D.E.A. = State Sponsored Terrorism
          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html