[ale] Slackware and Oracle

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Oct 15 21:56:16 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 07:54:20PM -0400, Synco Gibraldter wrote:
> At 05:38 PM 10/13/2003, you wrote:
> >On Monday 13 October 2003 10:42, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> >> Has anyone had _any_ success with Oracle and Slackware or should I go
> >> back to the "I know I can do this" RedHat?

> >It's not worth the trouble.

> i always thought oracle was only distributed as a binary -- that's the
> reason i've refused to give it a try.  how is it distributed, then??

I find that usually binaries between Red Hat and Slackware of similar
vintage are compatible.  I recently had no trouble dropping the
Opera Browser binary into a SW8.1 system.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"