[ale] [lists at venom600.org: Re: [Full-Disclosure] New Microsoft security bulletins today]

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Oct 15 20:44:45 EDT 2003

Yup, not just me.

----- Forwarded message from Ben Nelson <lists at venom600.org> -----

From: Ben Nelson <lists at venom600.org>
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] New Microsoft security bulletins today
To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure at lists.netsys.com>
CC: Jerry Heidtke <jheidtke at fmlh.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:31:31 -0600

Well, after installing the patches recommended by Windows Update my
machine won't boot.  It gives me a stop error complaining about an
inaccessible boot device.

Ruh-roh Microsoft......

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Thank god I test all patches on a
disposable box before applying them elsewhere.

--Ben

Jerry Heidtke wrote:
>Microsoft just issued 7 new security bulletins: 5 for various Windows
>version and 2 for Exchange.
>
>Six are rated "critical", one is "important". Just to refresh your
>memory, a critical vulnerability is one that can be exploited remotely
>and automatically (such as by a worm) and gives complete system control.
>An important vulnerability is one can be exploited remotely and gives
>complete system control, but cannot be exploited automatically or
>without some user action.
>
>Get patching.
>
>Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
>is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
>confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
>disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
>recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
>copies of the original message.

>Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
>Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

----- End forwarded message -----

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.