[ale] [OT] Cable TV Gripes

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Tue Oct 14 09:24:03 EDT 2003

A long time ago, (14.10.03), in a galaxy far, far away, Robert L. Harris wrote:

:=Oh, and tack on that upgrading a "30hour TiVo" is a little more than a
:=hard drive.  It took me about a total of 1 hour going VERY slow on the
:=hardware assembly/disassembly.  I took out the 60Gig from my 60hour
:=Series 2 and replaced it with a 120Gig.
:=
:=Thus spake Mike Panetta (ahuitzot at mindspring.com):
:=
:=> It would be easier to just apply TiVonet to the TiVo and download the videos
:=> convert them and burn them, then it would be to build a PVR from scratch.
:=> Plus, it would take up less space, as the DirecTiVo has everything in one box
:=> (the PVR and 2 tuners).

Quick question for those who have already gone down this path...  I know you can
transfer video from Series 1 Tivos to another computer.  I've heard there are issues
with doing this for Series 2 Tivos.  Has anyone been able to do the transfer of
recorded video from a Series 2 box and, if so, how big of a pain was it?

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's