[ale] Need a Linux Network/Admin/Security Consultant

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Mon Oct 13 23:44:13 EDT 2003

	My group is the maverick group in my company (we're the embedded products group)
which has some pretty draconian network admin policies and poor service. Despite all these anti-
user provisions, the recent wave of Windows viri rampaged through our network causing all kinds
of havoc. We're basically a windows shop but I am getting linux in bit by bit. The situation has
gotten bad enough that our group now has permission to submit a proposal to setup our own
independent network. I want to setup a linux based system with firewall, SAMBA server, VPN, and
email server (to replace the exchange setup the rest of the company is subject to).

	I can do all this myself but I'm a software architect, not a network admin - which is what
I'll end up being if I do this myself. And besides, I'd rather have someone who is up on the latest
firewall config and network tools which I am not. I can put together a proposal and budget for this if
I can bring in the right consultant - or, if you're also a good C++ programmer, maybe you'd like a
good paying job? Anyway, if you feel qualified to do this and have the experience/references to
back it up, please contact me via email with your resume and rates. I expect there to be opportunity
for follow-up work.

	thanx & later,

		Ben Scherrey