[ale] NewbieQ: How do I start using BitTorrent?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 13 12:22:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:42:25AM -0400, John Mills wrote:
> Thanks - that appears to be working, using the *.torrent I had downloaded
> last night. It also looks like a long haul!

Remember to leave your client running for as long as possible after
your download finishes.  This will let others continue to get parts of
the file from you, thereby distributing the load.  Also, you can use the
--max_upload_rate option to throttle the upload speed so that your
cable/dsl connection doesn't start to resemble dialup :)

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9