[ale] [OT] Cable TV Gripes

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Oct 13 09:47:55 EDT 2003

TiVo comes with a cable that has IR transmitters on the end.  You point
those at your cable box and tell TiVo what cable system you're on, what
make of cable box you have and then you get a few options to test.

Recently TiVo had a nice upgrade, instead of the IR it comes with a
DB9 serial as well.  On the menu I can now choose Comcast/Motorolla for
my box type (not my service since I'm on charter) and it uses the
serial, faster and more accurate.

Thus spake Christopher Fowler (cfowler at outpostsentinel.com):