[ale] Server Vendor Hardware

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 12 18:09:15 EDT 2003

Just out of curiosity, did you consider PenguinComputing.com?

Just for the fun of it, I spec'd out a box with this config (except this
machine has next day support) for a total of $6282.  Of course, I'm more
interested in computing nodes, so I left off keyboards, mice, crap like
that.  Fun thing is, a similar machine from Dell costs (on state
contract) $5967.  Interesting that Dell's state contract price is only
$300.00 off the Penguincomputing retail price.

Thanks

jonathan glass