[ale] [OT] Cable TV Gripes

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Oct 12 17:24:59 EDT 2003

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Get a TiVo.  No annoying advertisements, it's learned what I want, etc.
> I love the thing and will some day get a second and the Home Media Option
> so I can record shows on 2TVs.  With the Home Media Option I can record
> on TV-B and watch on TV-A, etc.

There's so little worth watching anymore, I'm surprised you'd ever find
something to record at the same time you'd want to watch something else
on another channel.  I'll likely never purchase a Tivo type device.  I
can't recall the last time I found something worth recording.

It amazes me.  Back when we got 3 channels (ABC, CBS, NBC) there was
much better quality shows.  I'm getting ripped by Comcast for what I pay
to watch a few (pro/college) games and the weather..  Out of the 100+
channels they boast, I find 2-3 half useful.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net