[ALE] Installfest, survival of the cursed Mandrake box.

Matthew Magee mnmagee at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 12 13:58:52 EDT 2003

Glad that you were able to restore everything!
What happened?  I was so busy with my task, that I didn't get to check out the
scene.

If you really want Slack, I think I know who to ask.  I got a good bit of
Slackware-specific help at the installfest from a young man named Kevyn (sp?)
that was invaluable in getting Linux on my old ThinkPad.  I would also like
to thank Danny Cox and Harold Bieber.  Couldn't have done it without you.

We were able to install Slackware 9.1 with Fluxbox, Mozilla, and Abiword.  I
still have 500 megs of storage left on a 1.3g drive.  That's better than
Win95 was after the anti-virus and firewall was installed!