[ale] my supposition. UPS

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Sat Oct 11 18:43:07 EDT 2003

I'll confess, I have a VCR. I haven't used it in a long time though.

As for the clock, however, I don't ever need to set it. It sets ITSELF. No
joke. It gets the time from the broadcast signal fed into it. No blinking
12 for me! Hooray for smart VCRs with built-in NTP-like behavior!

And actually, even if it wasn't set, it still wouldn't blink 12. It'd just
say --:-- all day. But self-setting is pretty slick.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Thus Spake tfreeman at intel.digichem.net:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 12:09:28 -0400 (EDT)