[ale] Re: UPS thread

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sat Oct 11 16:53:32 EDT 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Hogg, Russell E wrote:

> Hmm..
> Pumped flywheel and UPS into Google.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=flywheel+UPS&btnG=Goo
> gle+Search
>

> Whole pile off stuff came back.  Some of it's interesting reading

And as I've played with it - I've still got a challenge - where and how
much to purchase something on the home level? I somehow don't think a $15K
flywheel system buried in the back yard is going to help me sell this
house a few years, although it would be _really_ nice to keep the
refrigerator going next time Duke power drops this neighborhoods power (I
think we had three sessions of two days or more last winter without
power.)

<<snip some good reading links>>