[ale] mounting drives vertically

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Oct 11 10:19:17 EDT 2003

I actually came upon this issue before, years ago.  In turns out that only upside down is an issue, or at least it was at one time.  I looked up factory specs on some drives and some said no upside down, others didn't care.  In any case, vertical was never a problem and a great many SCSI arrays (as others have observed) have the disks vertical.

I have lost an upside-down drive before, however.

- Jeff