[ale] mounting drives vertically

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Oct 11 08:23:26 EDT 2003

Ray Knight wrote:

> It's much more likely that the drive failures are heat related.  How is
> the airflow where the drive is mounted?  With a vertical mount there may
> not be adequate airflow across the drive to keep the temperature at a
> reasonable level.

In this particular case configuration, I would expect that the air flow
would actually be better when the drive was mounted vertically.

But, this does prompt another question.  I'm going to see where he has
the box located.  It could be that he's blocking air flow out of the
case, which could be an issue.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net