[ale] mounting drives vertically

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Oct 11 08:21:28 EDT 2003

I appreciate all the input from folks on this issue.  It appears that
vertically or horizontally is fine.

But, I'll pose the question, this is the first PC I've seen that has had
vertically mounted hard drives.  Virtually the rest of the hardware I've
seen has them mounted horizontally, regardless of the case configuration
(desktop/tower).

This begs the question.  It appears that, for the most part, computer
companies go to great lengths to engineer cases so that the drives are
horizontal.  Must be a reason for this, no?

FYI, when I put the computer in question back together, I installed the
drive in a different location where it will be horizontal.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net