[ale] Linux Based Backup Server

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Oct 8 12:26:20 EDT 2003

I use Legato on a Linux server to back up a Linux/Solaris/Windows
environment.

If you can smbmount your windows machines you may not need this but it
does have Linux and Windows clients so you can backup nativly.  The only
problem I've found is the sucker is expensive.  I don't have any support
contract so I have to do a good bit of digging, etc when something does go
wrong but the user community is pretty good.

Thus spake Bob Kruger (bkruger at mindspring.com):