[ale] OT: Careful what you say

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche dittmeb at mail.rockefeller.edu
Tue Oct 7 10:03:37 EDT 2003

This just underscores how important what you say over e-mail is. Most
companies have a policy that your e-mail belongs to them, but I still
find this rather shocking:

-- http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/newsbyid.asp?id=12936

In case you want to see the e-mails for yourself:

-- www.ferc.gov/industries/electric/indus-act/wem/03-26-03-release.asp

But it was too busy when I checked it.

Some highlights:

"I know you may or may not remember me, but I went to school with you,"
reads one e-mail sent to an Enron employee. "Never seemed to get your
attention then, but I had the biggist freakin crush on you. [sic] That
seems like a thousand years ago now. I hope you are well and that life is
great."

Another email written by a Portland, Ore., woman, asks an Enron energy
trader: "So? you were looking for a one-night stand afterall?"

Yow!

        bjorn