[ale] [WAY OT]Reverse Engineering MS Visual Basic Applications

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Thu Oct 2 19:26:18 EDT 2003

I'm going to take this as some backhanded complement. Considering that I
support myself independently on my coding, and taking drew's statements
below, I believe I can surmise that Drew agrees that I am..

-Creative
-Intelligent
-A Visionary

I'm so very flattered.

However, your contest is flawed by design. Profit is often as much or more
about marketing than it is about a quality product. I really thought Drew of
all people would understand that.

Beyond that, the entire concept of $10/hr programmers makes my stomach turn.

We all make personal judgments in business decisions. At least those of us
with a social conscience do. I, in my work, choose not to use any contract
labor from countries with poor standards of living, a caste system or a
largely deflated currency. Drew chooses differently, and that is his right,
as an American.

I respect his rights, even if I disagree with his philosophy. *That* is what
makes this such an excellent place to live and why so many people around the
world seek US citizenship every year.

-Grant

"Go ahead, you can laugh all you want. I've got my philosophy" - Ben Folds
Five