[ale] [WAY OT]Reverse Engineering MS Visual Basic Applications

rhiannen rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Thu Oct 2 13:16:28 EDT 2003

I am not now nor have ever been a programmer, assuming HTML and its associates
not qualifying in this discussion. That stated, I know many, many programmers
and find they are as easily classified as any other human subset.  IOW, not so
easily if you look past preconceived prejudices.

<<massive snippage>>
> Having and voicing an opinion that most CONTRACT programming is SIMILAR to
> taking dictation, or building a special (trademarked and probably patented)
> hamburger in a special way, or writing a story where the characters, plot and
> climax are already laid out does not rise to the level of trolling.

If you don't care of the quality of the code, then the statement could possibly
be considered valid - to a limited extent. However, if you want GOOD code, a
GOOD book, or even a GOOD hamburger, then dedication, talent, and ability rise
to the top of necessary qualities. Sorry, but just throwing words together for
an established plot and climax does NOT a good story make.  Likewise, slapping
generic, cumbersome, sloppy, or unimaginative statements and objects together
does NOT make good code.  Shoot, I've even had really bad hamburgers from the
supposedly cookie cutter fast food joints.

Talent, intuition, dedication, and imagination ARE worth paying a fair price.

Can we please take any more of the personal affronts, offended opinions, and
snippy asides off the list and over to personal emails?

/me fades back to the woodwork now.

----
rhia
Excuse me, please.  What universe is this?