[ale] [WAY OT]Reverse Engineering MS Visual Basic Applications

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Oct 2 12:31:24 EDT 2003

Brian J. Dowd wrote:
> I think that writing the first "4K Basic interpreter" which ran on the
> Intel 8086 chip back in 1975 (Altair microcomputer
> loaded via paper tape from an ASR-33 Teletype) qualifies as being both
> visionary and "very creative".
> Don't get personal with your antipathy for Bill Gates ... just keep
> working to make Linux the world's standard OS.

I'm not, and you've apparently not figured out what my intent was.
Note, I never said anything about Gates efforts.  I specifically asked
Drew what had Gates done that would identify him as creative programmer.
  The point is, I don't think Drew knew, or cared.  His intent was to
troll, cause disruption on the list for his enjoyment.

Now it's just my opinion that that was Drew's intent...

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net