[ale] Publisher for Linux

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 11:27:54 EST 2003

> On Friday 28 November 2003 11:37 pm, hbbs at comcast.net wrote:
> | The learning curve thing is a problem for working with Lyx, TeTeX, etc.
> | Barring the use of canned styles, the notion of designing a document
> | before typing word one is off-putting to many, I'm sure.
>

> I would gently suggest that such folk get over it.

My gentle suggestions that pigs should fly still go unheeded.  People who haven't seen any more than Word in their working lives typically go apoplectic at a mere verbal description of Lyx.  That those same people will practically go insane trying to get all of their paragraphs and headings to line up with each other and get the font and point size uniform after pasting from various sources is but a testament to the futility that is life.

- Jeff