[ale] resizing hd & buying tape drive

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 19:36:37 EST 2003

> I bought my wife an Olympus Camedia C400 digital camera ~2 years ago.
> It is USB so all I do is mount the camera(/dev/sda1).  Then I can use
> any image viewing software I want, I like gqview.  When I want to save
> the pictures, I just use cp.  I haven't found a way to delete them from
> the camera though.  I still have to use the camera's delete function.
> gphoto does not work with my camera but I hear it is good.  My wife uses
> ipics or something like that on OSX which crashes while importing the
> pictures.  I find mount and copy to be far easier and more intuitive. I
> highly recommend the Olympus cameras if you are looking.

yea thats what i was doing before and it worked out great i still got the
script for my sony that mounts and dl all the stuff from video folder and
pix folder makes sure nothing gets overwrote and then deletes it all,
supposedly i read somewhere i wasnt supposed to be able to delete but i
was able to so oh well :-p guess ill stick to that, seemed good enough

=====
::: common sense? does it come with a manual?:::