[ale] resizing hd & buying tape drive

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 28 10:14:11 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 16:07, Stephen Turner wrote:
> man it feels good to have linux back lol anyways i was curious about a few
> things, those that have digital cams, what apps do you like for
> thumbing/viewing and dl your images with? i seen a couple and was curious
> what the popular one was :-p also i have 2 harddisks in this comp, a small
> one for linux and a large one for storage, what app you recommend for
> resizing partitions without losing data? and this last ones kinda spam but
> anyone in the cumming-atlanta area wanting to get rid of a working tape
> drive? im looking for a cheep tape frive for backups (i snagged a boat
> load of free dds2 & 3 tapes.

I bought my wife an Olympus Camedia C400 digital camera ~2 years ago.
It is USB so all I do is mount the camera(/dev/sda1).  Then I can use
any image viewing software I want, I like gqview.  When I want to save
the pictures, I just use cp.  I haven't found a way to delete them from
the camera though.  I still have to use the camera's delete function.
gphoto does not work with my camera but I hear it is good.  My wife uses
ipics or something like that on OSX which crashes while importing the
pictures.  I find mount and copy to be far easier and more intuitive. I
highly recommend the Olympus cameras if you are looking.