[ale] RedHat 9, threading

Yu, Jerry jerry.yu at Voicecom.com
Mon Nov 24 15:18:39 EST 2003

such incompatiblity and getaround are noted in redhat 9 release notes.
I think 1.4.2 jdk and above should work. You can disable the native thread
support completely using a boot option, 'nosysinfo'. Alternatively, you can
run your incompatible program with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 or 2.2.5

-----Original Message-----
From: David Corbin [mailto:dcorbin at machturtle.com]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 2:59 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] RedHat 9, threading

It is my understand that RedHat 9 supports  NTPL.  Java is crashing for
me on this system with some regularlity, and as NTPL support is new in
both of these pieces of software, I'd like to find a way to disable
RedHat's support for it, as a test.

Anybody know how? (Basic kernel builds are not a problem for me, but
rebuilding RedHat's kernel is a new thing for me.  I have the kernel
source package, but don't know how to build it "RedHat style", so
details are appreciated).