[ale] Debian Sarge help requested - firewall and apt-get

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 24 11:42:18 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:49:45PM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:
> Thanks Jason,

No problem.  Sorry for the slow response time on this, I've been busy at
work and remodelling at home.

> 	Will this also cover any security issues that are discovered and fixed?

Yes, the security.debian.org line will retrieve security updates.

> Also what about the non-us line in the sources list?  Why do I need it?

I can't remember what the non-US distribution includes.  I think it was
originally for export-controlled software like crypto, so they just put
the servers in another country.  I'm not sure what it's used for now,
and the recent break-in has made it hard to research.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9